The GOAL Program is a remarkable and important opportunity provided to Georgians by our elected officials.
In exchange for contributions to Georgia GOAL, our partner Student Scholarship Organization, taxpayers receive a 100% state income tax credit!
This is a proven opportunity that is a win-win-win for taxpayer donors, scholarship recipients, and our school community. By simply contributing to Georgia GOAL for a 100% Georgia income tax credit - in other words, by contributing with dollars you must spend anyway, you will help maximize financial aid for deserving families desiring to receive a Lakeview Academy education.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing separate returns – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- NEW Opportunity for 2022: S corporation, LLC or partnership that elects to pay tax at the entity level - up to 75% of Georgia income tax liability
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply Now.
Complete the 2021 OR 2022 GOAL Tax Credit Application today at www.goalscholarship.org (takes just 20 seconds!).
- GOAL Submits to DOR.
GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) immediately, and your 2022 application on the first business day of January 2022.
- Approved to Contribute.
GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline.
- Make Payment.
Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval.
- Take the Credit.
GOAL will send you Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit on the income tax return for the year in which you make the payment).