A user of the Service is hereinafter referred to as a “User,” or collectively, the “Users.”
Information Received by Lakeview
Lakeview collects personal information only if you voluntarily choose to share such information with Lakeview. You may browse the Site without disclosing any personal information. However, in order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Service, we may require that you furnish personal information. When you register with Lakeview, sign up for newsletters, complete forms for optional programs, surveys, contests, and other entries, and transmit communications transmitted to Lakeview or through its Site, we collect information including your name, address, phone number, and email address. We may also collect job titles, contact or authentication data, contact preferences, usernames and passwords. You also may choose to send Lakeview personally identifying information in an email message containing information or inquiries about the Service.
If you interact with Lakeview on or through a social media platform using a social media account (i.e., Facebook or Twitter), we receive personal information about you such as your name, email address, and gender. Any personal information we collect from your social media account will depend on your social media account’s privacy settings.
Cookies and Other Technologies
When you visit websites on the Internet, your browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit throughout every visit. Like many websites, we may use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We may utilize persistent cookies that only Lakeview can read and use to save your login information for future logins to the Service, to hold session information, and to track user preferences. We may utilize session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Service. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Site and Service and then close your browser. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of the Service.
Lakeview also uses Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Niche Pixel for tracking information.
When you visit and interact with the Site, Lakeview may collect your Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use IP Addresses to monitor the regions from which Users navigate the Site and for fraud prevention purposes.
Lakeview’s Use of Personal Information
Lakeview uses Personal Information for the following general purposes:
• to facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manager User accounts.
• to provide the Service to Users;
• for billing, payment processing, identification and authentication, and fraud prevention;
• to send marketing and promotional communications;
• for newsletters and email updates and information;
• to analyze Site usage and improve our products and the Service;
• to contact you and deliver administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Services;
• for internal market research, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
• as otherwise set forth in the Policy.
Lakeview may analyze Personal Information and web navigational data based on your interests and may use the analysis from this information in a way that doesn’t reveal a User’s personal information (“Market Research”) in order to:
• Market the Service;
• Improve the likelihood of a sale to a group of Users; and
• Increase the likelihood that a group's experience with the Service is relevant to its interests as a whole.
Lakeview uses data at the individual level to sell Services to Users who express an interest in these services. Lakeview may use your cell phone number to call or text you in order to provide the Service.
We use Financial Information solely as authorized by you in accordance with the Service.
We may employthird party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services. Such third parties may include:
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Google AdWords. Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us, remove your information from our database, and choose to not receive future communications unrelated to the Service.
During registration you choose whether to receive correspondence from Lakeview and whether you want to participate in a variety of Lakeview programs. This information remains on your profile where you can, at any point, easily edit it to indicate that you have changed your mind. If you receive an unsolicited email from a Lakeview domain, please contact us at email@example.com.
Lakeview’s information retention policy
To preserve the integrity of our databases, we may retain information submitted by Users for an indefinite length of time. If required by law, we will delete Personal Information by erasing it from our database. We will also respond to User requests to delete or correct account or Personal Information, which you can do by contacting Lakeview at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lakeview’s security of collected information
Your Lakeview account is password-protected so that only you and authorized Lakeview staff have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Also, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your Lakeview account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
With whom does Lakeview share information?
Lakeview reserves the right to disclose Personal Information from both private and public areas of this website at our discretion, if required by law or if we are given reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interference with the rights of Users, the general public, or Lakeview, to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
We will not transfer to a non-Agent third party any Personal Information without your prior affirmative consent.
How can Users edit their information?
Lakeview believes strongly in giving you the ability to access and edit your Personal Information. You can view, update and correct your account information. You may edit your account information at any time -- all you need is your username and password.
So that we can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of information, such as your age, that you cannot alter yourself. For example, since children under 18 are not allowed to register as Users, we need to take reasonable measures to preserve the accuracy of our Users’ ages. Please contact us to find out how to change information you cannot access through your account.
Our databases automatically update any Personal Information you edit in your profile or that you request we edit. Information remains in our databases and becomes the property of Lakeview upon submission.
Notification of changes
Users from outside the United States
or via mail at Gainesville Independent School, 796 Lakeview Drive, Gainesville, GA 30501.