Lakeview Academy is committed to excellence in the personal growth and academic development of the college-bound student through a partnership of school, family and community.
Lakeview Academy maintains confidential financial aid records for all applicants and recipients. These records are reviewed by the members of the Financial Aid Committee and, occasionally, by the Head of School or Business Director. All financial aid awards are confidential agreements between the recipient family and the School. Families may not discuss financial aid information with anyone other than Angela Presley, Financial Aid/Administrative Assistant to Business Director. Families who do not honor this confidentiality can have their award revoked at any time during the academic year.
Financing a Lakeview Education
Lakeview Academy is an independent school in Georgia committed to making its educational opportunities available to a diverse and talented student body. We offer need-based financial aid to a limited number of qualified students admitted to grades one through twelve. Limited funds are available, and the school may not be able to meet your full need.
In order to determine a family’s eligibility, Lakeview partners with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our financial aid process. All financial aid paperwork is electronic.
Lakeview Academy expects that all adult family members will work to contribute to the investment in a Lakeview education. The Committee will input income for parents or guardians who choose not to work and adjust the SSS report accordingly. Families with preschool aged children or extraordinary situations should make Lakeview aware of their circumstances. Parents must realize that a decrease in family income because of personal choices will not be underwritten by financial aid.
For parents who are separated, divorced, or who have never been married, Lakeview requires a complete financial aid application be submitted by each parent/family (IRS 1040, SSS application, etc.). Lakeview expects parents, guardians, domestic partners, and/or step-parents to play an appropriate role in financing student’s education.
Financial Aid Policies
- Each family must re-apply for financial aid each year. Information is emailed to parents within 2 weeks of the re-enrollment contracts.
- Financial Aid awards are made for tuition only and does not cover any other miscellaneous charges
- Should discrepancies be discovered in the financial information provided to Lakeview’s Financial Aid Committee, we reserve the right to withdraw financial aid assistance at any time during the academic year.
- Each student who qualifies and accepts a financial aid award will be required to pay an Activity Fee that is charged to the student account 3 times per year.
- New to Lakeview students in grades 6-12 who qualify for need-based aid and who transfer from a public school may have a portion of their financial aid funded through the GOAL Scholarship Program. If your assistance is covered though this program, you will be notified and asked to complete the appropriate paperwork. There is more information on the GOAL Scholarship Program on our website.
- Financial Aid awards and applications are kept confidential. Recipients are also required to keep awards confidential.
- Financial Aid is available to students in grades 1 – 12